One of my favorite books of all time is Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. It is a phenomenally witty piece of literature, and I reread it at least once a year. I always recommend the real paper version for first time readers rather than the E-books or Audiobook, because the E-books sometimes don’t get the formatting right, and the audio version doesn’t really portray the foot-notes well for the first time experiencing the story. Also the audio version that I have is 10 CDs, and announces it at the beginning and end of each disc.
Anyway, I’ve always really wanted to do a Good Omens stitch for a while, and a woman on a snarky facebook group I belong to designed one. I commented on the pattern, not realizing I was entering myself into a raffle to be a model stitcher for the sale of the pattern. But I was one of the people chosen!
The pattern is presented on white aida, but I chose to do it on black because of the way the books are sold.
So there will be a model (I’ve seen the WIP pics) on white, and mine, which is on black.
It took a long time, but it’s finally finished!
The border took FOREVER, and at one point (pretty much all of April) I kind of gave up on stitching, because I didn’t want to do the tedium, but I would feel way guilty if I worked on something else because this was for someone else, and the pattern was basically a gift. May, I buckled down and did the thing. On tumblr, I did the #30for30crafting, so you can see how the process was.
Also, here’s proof that this was the only thing I worked on for all of May:
I have a HUGE project that I just started for Frank, and if I fall into another funk…that one will take literally years lol…